Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 January 2016

2015 Wrap Up/2016 Reading Plans

A belated Happy New Year!!

 

And a big thank you to everyone who followed/read/liked posts and reviews from last year. Much appreciated. 

 

I read a whopping 265 books last year, 235 of those complete books, the rest DNFs. I didn't actually set any goals on how many books, and that seems to have worked quite well, so I'm not setting any goals this year, and plan on pretty much doing the same thing.

 

Last year one of my reading goals was to finish a series, any series - I reread all 7 Harry Potter books. And still think they're some of the best books ever. Also wanted to finish some trilogies which I actually did do. I finished 3 trilogies The Lotus War by J Kristoff, Everneath by Brodi Ashton and His Fair Assassin by Robin LeFevers. 

 

Best Books of 2015

Something Real by Heather Demetros

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Anne Aguirre- Review   

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - Review  

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas

The Dead House by Dawn Kirtagich

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Landry Park by Bethany Hagen

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E Pearson - Review

 

Honorable Mentions

Some other books I really enjoyed

Between the Notes - by Sharon Huss Roat - Review, Darkmere by Helen Maslina, Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas - Review, A Madness so Discreet - BY Mindy McGinnis, Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson,  Kissing in America by Margo Rabb - Review, Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman - Review, The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas, A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab - Review, The White Rose by Amy Ewing - Review, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 

 

Worst Books of 2015

The Heir by Keira Cass- Review

 

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier - Review

 

Bleeding Earth by Kaitlyn Ward - Review  

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey - Review 

 

 

Challenges - I did two rounds of Bookish Bingo and two rounds of Story Sprites last year and in between had a few months of free reading where I read whatever I was in the mood for. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do this year. Mix and match any challenges and make time for free reading. I only start a challenge if it looks like I can complete every square (most recent Bookish Bingo cards have had squares with things that just don't appeal to me and I'm not starting a challenge card I can't complete). Maybe will do Bookish Bingo again in March when the new card comes out. A new round of Story Sprites came out yesterday which I have already signed up. (Will have a post on that shortly). 

 

Plans for 2016 are pretty much the same as they were for last year. Finish more series (aim to start is finish Vampire Acadamy - started book 4 and plan to go on to each following book as soon as I'm done, after finding the first book a bit rubbish the second was brilliant the third was an absolute heart-breaker and now I am hooked!) finish more trilogies - there's quite a few trilogies I started and have the last book to read (Starbound and Blood of Eden come to mind immediately) so I need to finish those. And read some more trilogies. Finish outstanding Netgalley stuff. (I say this every year)

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1316507/2015-wrap-up-2016-reading-plans

No comments:

Post a Comment