Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review: Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Initially when I started Catching Fire I wasn't as impressed with it as I was the Hunger Games. It was good, but not as gripping, and took me forever to get around to continue the book. After about the 40% mark, the plot finally started picking up and by the end I was once again hooked.

I was starting to think where the hell is this plot going to go, but once Quarter Quell thing was introduced, I was thinking, oh lord not again, its repeating the plot of the first one. But the more I read, the more twisty the plot became. The writing is top notch, and the characters are becoming more and more developed (and now I'm Team Peeta!!).

At the end of the first book I wasn't that fussed about starting the second one immediately. It was more the fact that the movie was going to be released while I was on holiday that got me to read it and finish it before release day tomorrow. But after that ending I'm so glad I've got the next one ready and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment