Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review: Pretty Witches All In A Row, Lisa Olsen

Pretty Witches All in a RowPretty Witches All in a Row by Lisa Olsen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5 stars. Read from 08th November to 24th November 2013.
Book I own on Kindle.

This started off pretty good. An intriguing murder mystery involving a coven of modern day witches and the deceives investigating the case. Likeable characters and enough mystery thrown in to keep the reader guessing. My only real issues we re the main homicide effective seemed far too nice and easy going, but other than that it was okay. A quick read, I read the first 20% in one sitting and in another sitting read up to 54%. After that point things started to go down hill.

The story became more and more unbelievable and while the characters were still likeable the police investigation became unbelievable and annoying to the point of a constant that would never happen in real life or even in a Law & Order episode. By the 80% mark I had guessed correctly who the killer was and by then I didn't particularly care mu h because the plot was fairly daft by then.

So a rather meh one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment