Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 October 2015

Story Sprites Round 2 update

The Moon and More - Sarah Dessen The Secret Fire - C.J. Daugherty, Carina Rozenfeld Fans of the Impossible Life - Kate Scelsa The Shining - Stephen King Daughters unto Devils - Amy Lukavics The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson, Laura Miller Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 1) - J.K. Rowling Ink and Bone: The Great Library - Rachel Caine

 

At the end of the first month of my second round of Story Sprites challenge I have completed 8 squares. 

 

Male MC - Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine - 5 Stars

Multiple Fantasy Creatures - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Illustrated edition) JK Rowling - 5 stars 

A Classic Novel - The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson 3.5 stars

A Book with a Mountain - The Shining by Stephen King (reread) 5 stars

A Halloween Read - Daughters unto Devils by Amy Lukavics - 4 Stars

Photograph for a Cover- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen - 4 Stars

Flames on Cover - The Secret Fire by CJ Daughtery - 5 Stars

Quiltbag Author - Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa

 

Not a bad start :)

 

Currently Reading a bunch of books to cover more stars.

 

Gender Bender/Cross Dress - currently reading both Scarlet by AC Gaughen and Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. Nearly finished Scarlet but I don't really like it that much whereas I like Under a Painted Sky a lot.

Set in Southern USA - Currently reading both Compulsion by Martina Boone and Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins for this square. 

Character Death - using The Stand by Stephen King for this one as this book has some truly epic character deaths in it. Initially this was going to be my book for Bram Stoker Award Winner it was on the Goodreads Bram Stoker Winners list but when I checked the Bram Stoker Award website it wasn't listed, so don't rely on Goodreads lists of award winners for facts! 

Character is a Musician - Wildflower by Alicia Whitaker - country singer girl goes from family band to stardom story. Its very simple and the MC is one of the biggest Mary Sue's I've come across, but inspite of that its a a lot of fun and the Nashville fangirl in me is enjoying this one. 

Supernatural race in Modern Times - Born at Midnight by CC Hunter - girl goes to summer camp and discovers vampires fairies and shapeshifters and a whole host of other paranormal beings are real. This one is awesome so far. 

POC MC - Scarlet Undercover by Jennifer Latham - not really liking this one much so far to be honest. Finding it a little unrealistic and the plot is kinda boring.

 

Squares to be filled

A middle grade fantasy novel - still pondering on this one. I have a few potential candidates, either Land of Stories by Chris Colfer, The Copper Gauntlet by Cassandra Clare + Holly Black or I may just read another Harry Potter book. 

Set at a Boarding School - either going to be a Vampire Academy or a House of Night Book. 

Witches or Wizards - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 

Bram Stoker Award Winner - American Gods by Neil Gaiman or Duma Key by Stephen King. 

 

Ones I'm struggling to find something for are

Character centred novel - I have a bunch of YA contemporaries I could use for this one but I can't make my mind up right now.

 

Book with a fictional language - really stumped on this one.

So far my candidates are Heart of Betrayal (Kiss of Deception book 2) by Mary Pearson. I remember the first book in this series had fantastic world building including its own dialects and languages and hopefully this will be continued in the second book.

Other thing that comes to mind is Lord of the Rings but I tried reading this one once in a trilogy bind up version and got up to about half way through the Two Towers and got bored and that took me over a year. Don't really fancy trying it again at the moment. (I doubt watching the movies again will count)

I got about 3 books into the Game of Thrones series. I thought about picking one of them up again. (Dothraki and others) 

I also thought about Throne of Glass for the Wyrdmarks (could possibly count as fictional language) 

It if gets to the end of December and I haven't got anything covered for this square I will most likely just read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets again (for Parsletongue) 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1278706/story-sprites-round-2-update

No comments:

Post a Comment