Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 November 2015

DNF: The Girl and the Gargoyle

Review:

The Girl and the Gargoyle - Pauline Gruber

I received a copy from Netgalley.

 

Sadly this is a DNF at 31% for me. I really really liked the first book in the series, and was actually looking forward to the sequel. However, it has now been well over a year and a half since I read the first one, and I remember absolutely nothing about the plot. And to be honest, I really just don't feel like going and rereading the first one again to be able to catch up on the second. 

 

It's actually a really good Ya paranormal series, it's got likeable characters, great world building and unique take on witches demons and gargoyles. It's well written, the only thing that bugged me was the use of "mundanes" to describe humans by paranormal creatures. Which anyone who has ever read a Cassandra Clare book will tell you that phrase is already in use in a YA paranormal romance series. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the series, it's just not for me at this time. 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1294137/dnf-the-girl-and-the-gargoyle

No comments:

Post a Comment