Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 January 2017

DNF: Ever the Hunted

Ever the Hunted - Erin Summerill

I received a copy from Netgalley.

 

Not for me. I made it ten percent and tried to go further but I just don't like this book at all. Premise is interesting enough, main character Britta is an outcast living on the edge of her community, mourning the death of her father, the kingdom tracker. Her only other friend ran off months ago and never returned. When she hunts on land belonging to the King which of course is strictly forbidden - she knows this - does it anyway - and then gets caught. She's offered the chance to track down her father's murderer to avoid being put to death for poaching by the royals. Her other friend may be involved. 

 

Everything about this girl makes my eyes roll, plus there's made up words - floating around -  she says Seeds! a lot - like an exclamation or a made up swear word which pisses me off to no end. And now other characters are starting to say this and I really just can't be bothered with this book.  Plus Britta's very pale and very blonde and very very annoying. 

 

Don't like this one at all. Don't care about the characters or the plot enough and too much is irritating for me to want to continue. 

 

Thank you Netgalley and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group for approving my request to view the title. 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1519282/dnf-ever-the-hunted

No comments:

Post a Comment