Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 March 2019

DNF: Red Harvest

Review:

Red Harvest (Haunted Hollow Chronicles) - Patrick C. Greene

Calling it quits on this one.

 

I really wanted to like it as it had everything I like in small town horror. Characters from the normal to the weird, a sense of community in a place where there's history, everyone's known each other a local Halloween tradition, a family with a creepy secret. It's clear something is going to go very wrong very quickly.

 

I'm losing patience with the story, there's too many characters to keep track of and it seems like too much going on. My other major problem with this book is how poorly it's edited. Random words are missing from sentences or in some instances entire sentences are missing and while with most you can get the idea of what's going on, it's annoying and jars you out of the narrative. I've had enough, DNF. Not for me.

 

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington Books for the review copy.

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1863042/dnf-red-harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment