Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 July 2020

Review: Court of Miracles

Review:

The Court of Miracles - Kester Grant

I received a copy from Netgalley.

 

I was really excited when I got the approval for this one. One of the rare books I knew right away was going to be an epic once I started reading. Seeing “Six of Crows” comparisons tend to make me roll my eyes as it usually involves a break in to some impossible place of some sort. It was really the “Les Mis” comparison that drew me in for this one.

 

Though it took a while for me to spot anything resembling Les Miserable. I thought the world building was absolutely fascinating. I didn’t really get much of a sense of 1800s Paris though, it was more about the Courts and the characters, but the sense of place, the gloom and grittiness came through as the story progressed.

 

There was a dark sense of foreboding and dread throughout the whole thing, and something morbidly fascinating about it as well. Beautifully written and evocative, the novel was impossible to put down. I’m really looking forward to more from this series.

 

Thank you to HarperCollins UK, Harper Fiction for approving my request to view the title.

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/2840760/review-court-of-miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment