Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Review Policy

This year I actually started reviewing the books I was reading rather than just reading, rating and leaving it. I read other reviews, mainly on Goodreads.com, why not do my own? Mainly to get a feel of whether or not I will love or hate something on my to be read list. Eight times out of ten, I read through reviews, and then have own opinion anyway.

In fact, half the time when I read reviews from favourite bloggers/reviewers a lot of the opinions are mixed, they have different ratings for books I love and different ratings for books I hate. Its fascinating to see all kinds of different opinions whether you agree or not. My favourite genres to read are Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, YA, Horror, Crime - detective stories/forensic mysteries/court room dramas, Epic Fantasy, and romance. Occasionally I dip into erotica, and maybe the odd historical.

I review based on whether or not I like the main characters, if the romance works, whether or not I feel chemistry between the two main characters, what I think of the plot and sometimes whether the style of writing works for me. I like to stick the goodreads.com star rating systems, 1 star - hated it, 2 stars its okay, 3 stars, I liked it, 4 stars, I loved it, 5 Stars I really really loved it.

 Most of the books I review are Kindle Books/iBooks/ Paperbacks or hardbacks I own. I joined Netgalley earlier this year and every now and then I'm very lucky to get approved for their ARCs. Occasionally I also win books from member give aways on Librarything.com  but when I get these ARCs or if its something I've won, I do say so at the start of my review.

 Spoilers - personally, nine times out of ten I love spoilers. But I do understand not everyone does. If I do include spoilers in my reviews, which I try not to, I do make it clear they are there. I'm not html savvy enough yet to figure out how to hide spoilers under cuts, but I'm looking into learning how. 

No comments:

Post a Comment