Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 November 2013

Review: Cobweb Bride, Vera Nazarian

Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #1)Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another Read It Now snagged from Netgalley. A beautifully written fairytale.

Though I must admit, at a few points, I nearly gave up with it. While on the one hand the language the story was written in was beautiful, vivid and poetic, the pace of the plot was very very slow. Meandering and dream like and almost nightmare like at some stages.

There was some incredible imagery. Particularly when the Death's curse started happening with the armies fighting a war and the townspeople trying to slaughter their pigs for food was rather alarming and disturbing.

A good mix of characters both good guys, some irritating ones and detestable villains. And a very likeable heroine.

I enjoyed the story, and there were times where I thought I knew exactly where the plot was going, but a good twist at the end changed the direction. So I'm glad I stuck with it. Even though it became kind of very long winded. It ended at a point where you sort of have to know what happens next.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment