Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 November 2013

Review: The Disappearance of Lizzy Ross, Jessica Schein

The Disappearance of Lizzy RossThe Disappearance of Lizzy Ross by Jessica Schein
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Mild plot spoilers, click on the + to read. I received a copy via Netgalley. It sounded interesting enough. And the mystery of the missing girl was actually quite intriguing. The writing wasn't bad, it was properly edited, no spelling errors or anything.

My problem with this book was I absolutely detested the main character, Mimi. A stuck up, spoiled, snotty rich coked up bitch who thought the sun rose and set on her. I'm guessing she was supposed to be super cool, but I found her obnoxious, rude and insensitive.

Her best friend is missing and while this drives her nuts, she seems more interested in scoring more coke than anything else. She's bitchy to everyone, including the police. And don't even get me started on how stupid the police in this thing are.

By half way through I was really skimming through to see if anything actually happened. But nothing really did. A few cryptic clues as to the missing girl's disappearance. By the end I had no interest in finding out what happened as I hated Mimi so much.

Thank you Netgalley for approving my view request, but I will not be continuing with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment