Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 August 2015

Review: Hollywood Witch Hunter

Hollywood Witch Hunter - Valerie Tejeda

DNF at 30%.

 

Just don't like it. It's too cheesy for me. And I hate the characters. It started off pretty terrible but it was sort of amusing and entertaining, but the more I'm reading, the more I'm not liking it.

 

I can not stand the main character Iris, drives me up and the wall and makes my eyes roll. As a supposedly bad-ass girl who dresses in leather and carries a special gold knife to hunt witches and who is supposedly the only female witch hunter in history says "beotch" instead of bitch - it makes me want to slap her.  If you're bad ass enough to wear leather and hunt things - swear properly!! 

 

The mythology makes me shake my head and I wanted to slap characters as well when the new guy who comes in and is being shown around is  pleased that witches won't hunt his male relatives. In spite of the main character being the only girl with the witch hunter gene the whole thing had an irritating misogynistic vibe to it.  

 

I am done with this book. 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1239476/review-hollywood-witch-hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment