Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 August 2015

Review: Twelve Kings

Review:

Twelve Kings in Sharakhai - Bradley P. Beaulieu

I received a copy from Netgalley.

 

Unfortunately this is a DNF for me. Made it 43% but I'm finding myself skimming and not really wanting to pick it up anymore. Which is a shame because there were plenty of things about this book I loved.

 

I loved the main character, I loved the mythology and the world building. The writing is beautiful and vivid, so easy to picture the scene. Started off with a punch of fantastic action, leading to a female main character with everything I look for in a fantasy heroine.

 

My problem with this book is the pacing and the plot got very very slow. Every time I pick it up to read more it feels like I've been reading for a long time, only to find I've only cleared another 10% or sometimes not even that. While there were parts of it I really like, when I'm starting to skim is time to DNF.

 

I will buying a finished copy to read at a later date because I still want to know how the plot finishes, but at the moment, I'm DNFing.

 

Thank you to Netgalley and Orion Publishers for approving my request to view the title.

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1239480/review-twelve-kings

No comments:

Post a Comment