Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 November 2015

DNF: Curio

Review:

Curio - Evangeline Denmark

I received a copy from Netgalley.

 

Steampunk novels are touch and go with me. It's not my favourite genre, really, but every now and then I see a steampunk novel I like the look of and figure I'll give it a chance. Which is exactly what I thought when I saw Curio pop up on Netgalley.

 

I made it 108 pages, but this is another not for me book. I don't think it's a terrible book at all, its very creative, descriptive and quite original in its storyline and ideas. The main character is likeable enough. However, I am very confused by the lack of world building. There's a lot going on and I'm just not following it, and not really that interested in continuing to be honest. 

 

It's not a bad book and I think people who like fantasy steam punk would really enjoy it, it's just not my cup of tea.

 

Thank you to Netgalley and Zonderkidz-Books for approving my request to view the title. 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1290455/dnf-curio

No comments:

Post a Comment