Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 January 2016

DNF: The Club Dumas

The Club Dumas - Arturo Pérez-Reverte, Sonia Soto

Another case of the movie was better than the book. I took a bit of a gamble sticking this one on my Christmas book list. This book became the Johnny Depp movie 'The Ninth Gate' another favourite of mine. A dark atmospheric and somewhat chilling psychological thriller involving the occult and rare books. 

 

I managed barely 60 pages or so of the book. Most likely not my taste, a lot of info-dumping of historical details regarding a missing chapter from a famous Dumas book before getting to anything recognisable from the Ninth Gate movie, but the style of writing I found to be very dry and couldn't connect to any of the characters. Don't think I'm the right audience for this book, but I wanted to give it a shot. Not for me. 

Original post: sunsetxcocktail.booklikes.com/post/1331665/dnf-the-club-dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment